Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The dangling asterisk of Netflix

A few posts back, I mentioned Netflix and I put an * by it because I intended to make further note about it. Well, I forgot. So here's more about Netflix:

Cable television was one of the first things to go when we scaled back. I lived most of my adult life without cable television and watched MAYBE a show per week on it when we had it, so no big deal to me. I wondered if the teens would revolt, though. We replaced it with Netflix for $8 a month and I have to say, I'm really digging Netflix. We have it streaming through the Wii so I can get to movies immediately and they start at precisely the moment I want them to start. And I can pause them, rewind them, watch them as many times as I want. Entire seasons of TV shows (Ally McBeal!) are there for my viewing pleasure. The value of Netflix FAR exceeds the value* of cable television in my book.

*Ahh, another asterisk. I have to admit that I do miss HGTV and The Food Network. But I'll live.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have a Wii. :( I'd be happy with no cable. I would miss those 2 shows b/c thats mostly what I watch when Hubby isn't around. I've mentioned turning it off to save some money but husband of mine won't hear it. No worries girlie... I'll watch some of both for you too!! Lol. xox Charlotte

    ReplyDelete