Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick post as I'm almost out of battery:

I love the picture that is now in the header of this blog. I took it in Michigan's Upper Peninsula last summer while looking for a place to call home for the next chapter of our lives. This was before most of the events that have landed us where we are today took place. It was a beautiful morning and the girls and I had breakfast on the beach. I'm pretty sure that there will never be any other place that impacts me emotionally in the same way this area does. Some of my most intense moments of joy have happened there. And some of my most intense moments of pain. Without a doubt, it's special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are on the ball this summer with much going on. Everything is in the ground that needs to be. Oyster Mushroom logs are inoculated, Lion's Mane mushrooms are growing in my kitchen, rosemary & thyme are outside rather than in. The very last thing that needs to go in the ground are the eggplant seedlings I bought at the Farmer's Market week before last. I left town for a visit to Memphis without planing them and may have screwed the pooch.

Most exciting is that Bill and I are going to visit a potential farm in Southern Ohio June 11th. Other than being in Southern Ohio, it has everything we are looking for in a property including creative financing. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tallow soap is scheduled to happen this weekend. More finger crossing, please. I'll be doing it with coconut oil and shea butter to cut the tallow. Rosemary & Spearmint essential oils will round out the recipe. I'm psyched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trips to Memphis make my head spin. I'm always so glad to go and so glad to get home. This time, my sister came back with me so it'll be interesting to see how long it takes me to get back in my routine here. She's a spastic house cleaner, so I'm hoping to channel some of that to help me get on top of my housework. Lots of talk about family issues. Dope, sex, etc. Lots of love, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment