Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm obviously going to write about things other than our green efforts here. That's okay with you, right?

A few months ago, I had a thought that went something like this: I have, over the years, challenged and stretched my mind and accomplished much more professionally and academically than I ever thought possible. I wonder what would happen if I stretched my body in the same way?

Today is one of those days when I feel like this was the stupidest idea I've ever had. Today, I feel like after 42 years -- most of it spent being overweight -- I might as well sack up and accept that my body is truly not my friend. Hiking in Yellowstone is no more an option for me at this point in my life than is becoming a brain surgeon. The time has come to pay the piper and I have successfully destroyed my body. I may become healthier, but I have to admit that there are some capabilities that I no longer possess.

Which pisses me off greatly.

D

1 comment:

  1. Pfft. With all that running lately, you have gotten hooked on endorphins, right? They are deliciously addictive. And good for you. And will keep you going and you will be amazed at how things can change (she says from experience!).

    ReplyDelete