Monday, June 29, 2009

I've picked Sage, Oregano and Basil to take to coworkers tomorrow and I'm thrilled that I have enough to share. The rest of the harvest is still weeks away, but herbs make me feel good. I made a little bouquet and tied it in my window so that my kitchen will smell good, too.

I also cooked lentils in the rice cooker tonight! It was so easy that I wish I'd known about it years ago. 2:1 water to lentils ratio, salt, a titch of olive oil and you're in business. Lentils are like a blank canvass - you can season them any way you like. Of course I made way too much so there's some frozen -- probably have to do soup with them because they'll be mushy.

D

1 comment:

  1. I grabbed some lemon curry powder from the coop last week to put in my next batch. It smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete