Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Time passes so quickly, doesn't it? I've been consumed with work and trip-readying the past several days so not much of interest has happened.

Except this text - which has exactly SQUAT to do with food or farming or sustainable living but made me laugh at how wonderfully insane my life is. Who else can say they've gotten a text like this?

"Did I ever tell you about the time a trick paid me with a counterfeit $20? Man, that was a bummer"

Go ahead. Raise your hand. No one? Didn't think so.

I find so much relief in the absurd things that have been a part of my life: Talking freely about the woes of being in the sex industry. My grandmother's ashes forever preserved in a Ziplock bag (upgraded from a Marlboro Red box). Having a designated "Vicki Wrangler" at my wedding in case my mother got out of hand.

Wondrous absurdity in the midst of the mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment